Every once in a while you come across an article that packs a punch. Here’s one by Obama’s speech writer about growing up.
There are too many gems hidden in it, each of which can stand on its own. So, I though, I’ll pull them out as bullet points for myself.
- Impulsiveness can often pass for decisiveness, especially when the stakes are high
- One secret to solving big problems, is knowing which little problems to ignore
- Decisions are only as good as the decision-making process
- Generosity is a habit and not a trait
- Children strive only for pleasure; adults strive for fulfillment. Children demand adoration; adults earn respect. Children find worth in what they acquire; adults find worth in the responsibilities they bear